Digital Media Center
Bryant-Denny Stadium, Gate 61
920 Paul Bryant Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0370
(800) 654-4262

© 2024 Alabama Public Radio
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Safety Officials Warn About Carbon Monoxide

By Alabama Public Radio

Montgomery, AL – Safety officials are warning of a new danger associated with the aftermath of Hurricane Ivan -- carbon monoxide poisoning. Three women died in an east Montgomery residence. Police believe they died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator. Mayor Bobby Bright says the women were using a generator inside during a power outage. The U-S Consumer Products Safety Commission suggests residents should not use portable generators indoors or in any enclosed area.

News from Alabama Public Radio is a public service in association with the University of Alabama. We depend on your help to keep our programming on the air and online. Please consider supporting the news you rely on with a donation today. Every contribution, no matter the size, propels our vital coverage. Thank you.